Avia Photography

My photo
Columbia, Missouri, United States
Warning, the following ramblings are those of a sometimes sidetracked photographer avoiding accomplishing tasks on her list. All we ask is that if you use one of our photos from here or elsewise, you kindly give us credit. = )

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

.:big life changes and all that jazz:.

A few of you that read this blog (thanks for the many messages of encouragement in my hiatus from it!) may know that Monday was my last day working full-time for a company here in Columbia. Sometime in October Brian and I, through much prayer and looking at the tower of work that kept piling higher and higher realized that it was time for us to step out on faith. Brian has been fulltime with Avia since May but I've still been working during the days.

I love photographing people and showing them how incredible they are. So many of us just do not realize our worth. But even more, I love doing it with Brian who, if you've met him, you'll know what an amazing man he is. Spending all day doing what I love with the person I love best in life? Sounds like pretty much perfection to me.

So there will be a lot of changes in our lives as we transition into this newer, poorer period.

We'll finally have time to cook, and make grocery lists.


We'll actually start using cook books.


I'll be drinking loose leaf green tea from Gerbes' bulk spices section rather than the Green Tea with Jasmine I've been drinking at work everyday. (By the way, in case you were wondering, this is NOT weed. I took this photo and as I was exporting it from our photo client Brian told me it looked like marijuana. Fantastic. My first posted food photo looks like we're growing and photographing illegal narcotics.)


You'll probably be seeing more of these two. Mr. Mostly Mittens kept casting his shadow on the green tea (you can see the plate in the corner of the photo) when I was shooting it and Bathazaar climbed in our camera bag when we were doing Ashley's headshots on Sunday which was just too adorable.



Hopefully you'll see more "just because" photos that take your breath away. Beautiful things that just make me happy to be alive. I see them all the time, shoot them, and then they stay tucked away in a catalog never to be seen again. It's a travesty.


Also, we now have softboxes which will equal gorgeous portraits in the studio. I get sick of the studio very very quickly (variety and texture is my middle name). I know Brian is blue, but for some reason, I like it. The softbox works!


Miss you all. Come say "hey" now that we're here together most of the time or leave a comment.

Oh, and if you haven't already, become a fan on facebook: www.facebook.com/aviaphotography

Love you guys! And, yes, I mean you!

1 comment:

Melissa McCrotty said...

Put the picture of yourself back in here! It was beautiful!

I am so happy for you guys, and a little jealous.

And, I realize I missed our phone date...please forgive me! Life got crazy, but I still want to talk! Maybe during the slow season, we can try again?!!