Avia Photography

My photo
Columbia, Missouri, United States
Warning, the following ramblings are those of a sometimes sidetracked photographer avoiding accomplishing tasks on her list. All we ask is that if you use one of our photos from here or elsewise, you kindly give us credit. = )

Sunday, November 22, 2009

.:i love lofts:.

I feel like this last year has been one big crash course on architectural photography for me and I've surprisingly found that I love it! I notice myself closely scrutinizing hotel marketing pieces to see if lampshades & windows are blown, where the photographer placed any off-camera lighting, and how the room was staged. I make mental notes on what I shouldn't do and move on. Sometimes I think that maybe I should have the audacity to approach hotel management and tell them that their photography needs some help and that I'd do an incredible job if they'd just hire me to replace it. I have yet to do it (although I did do it at the Pacers' game this last Friday... the program photography was unexcusably atrocious with unflattering lighting for the portraits and a variant of the same background that made it look very unprofessional).

Even more fun for me, though, is shooting a loftspace. I get ridiculously stoked to shoot a loft. For some reason, to me, shooting a loft is like piggybacking on someone's dreams of adventure and getting to taste that thrill for just a moment. Does anyone else get sucked in like I do?

Next dream: shoot for a national magazine. Preferably Architectural Digest, The Knot Magazine, or National Geographic would all be magazines I'd settle for. = )











1 comment:

j. shipley said...

mmm. i love a good loft. i want one. but they are hard to come by in santa barbara. geesh. i can't have it all i suppose. haha.