Avia Photography

My photo
Columbia, Missouri, United States
Warning, the following ramblings are those of a sometimes sidetracked photographer avoiding accomplishing tasks on her list. All we ask is that if you use one of our photos from here or elsewise, you kindly give us credit. = )

Thursday, October 22, 2009

.:kaylyn senior portraits:.

One of the things we love so much about photography is the people! I often find myself a little despondent after handing off the last book or disc of images to people we've photographed. I start getting sad that we no longer have excuses to interact with these phenomenal persons with whom we just bonded on some of the biggest days of their lives! I am stoked to announce that since Misty & Jerome got married on New Year's Eve of 2008 she has contacted me not once, but twice now to do photos. When their little one turned one year old in February we took photos at Jaylin's birthday party and now Misty's little sister, Kaylyn, is graduating from high school. Woo hoo! Ah, to be a senior graduating from high school again...

Kaylyn was totally laid back as her sister and Mom carried all of her clothes and shoes in a laundry basket with us around Mizzou's campus. Brian amused us all with his continual ramblings about the type of pizza he was hoping to con me into getting after we all got done shooting. I think he got started on that after Noreen, Kaylyn, & Heather all decided to hit the famous Shakespeare's Pizza (if you've never been there, you have to go) after they were done.

The building I had in mind for the black and white photo was, apparently, locked to the outside world on the weekends. Luckily, as we were arriving, a stranger walked in right before us and we grabbed the door. We looked totally inconspicuous with a laundry basket full of clothes, a gigantic camera, and a 4 foot tall reflector in the very large and brightly lit science building lobby. Needless to say, after I got a few shots I loved, we all left very quickly...

Kaylyn does every sport known to man (well, maybe not all, but almost all) in addition to joining her two older sisters as an acro star (if you're curious what "acro" means, it's short for acrobatics, Brian had to ask as our towns are much smaller than Owensville where they drove in from). You will notice in her photos that this girl is not only absolutely *gorgeous* but definitely has some strength in her. *Sigh* Maybe someday I'll be super flexible or super fabulous or super gymnasticy. Or maybe I'll just settle with being able to do my first pullup.

Thanks, Kaylyn, for being a rockstar!








Oh, and aren't these shoes a-MAZING? Her entire class (if I understood correctly) got a pair and decorated them. Class of 2010... that makes me feel old!