Avia Photography

My photo
Columbia, Missouri, United States
Warning, the following ramblings are those of a sometimes sidetracked photographer avoiding accomplishing tasks on her list. All we ask is that if you use one of our photos from here or elsewise, you kindly give us credit. = )

Monday, August 31, 2009

.:a sneak peak at the new mrs. patel:.

I have already started sifting through the 7,000+ photos that Brian, Corey, & I took at the Patel wedding this weekend at the Sheldon Concert Hall in St. Louis. I *will* post an actual blog entry sometime soon but for now I couldn't stand not posting something. Ann & Rakesh chose to do a traditional Indian Ceremony and follow it by an American reception, which meant they had two sets of clothing.

This time we were accompanied by Corey Hale, a photographer we met a few months ago who does stellar live music photography (you may have seen him at the Blue Note, where he is the house photographer). Weddings are newer for him but he is fitting in fast!

Below you'll see some of his work. On the left is a photo I took after the ceremony when Ann and I took a two minute breather to get a few shots of her in her traditional (might I say gorgeous) Indian wedding attire and on the right is one that Corey captured when we did a mini photoshoot at the St. Louis Fair Pavilion prior to the day's festivities. Ann was just stunningly beautiful so at the very least I had to post some of her.

I promise to post photos soon of Rakesh's dynamic entrance to the ceremony-on a horse. I love Indian weddings!




No comments: