Avia Photography

My photo
Columbia, Missouri, United States
Warning, the following ramblings are those of a sometimes sidetracked photographer avoiding accomplishing tasks on her list. All we ask is that if you use one of our photos from here or elsewise, you kindly give us credit. = )

Monday, April 27, 2009

.:my day job:.

So some of you may know that I am an architectural photographer by day and an everything else photographer by night & weekend (wedding, portraits, events, etc.). Though buildings may not seem nearly as exciting as people (and trust me, they often aren't) on occasion I come across a property that just stuns me. I get to travel around (when I'm not part of the marketing department in the wintery times) and take shots of interiors & exteriors of affordable housing complexes. But do not assume that they are slums. No sirree, these are beautiful properties that *I* would LOVE to live in (but don't qualify). They often fix up old historic properties that are abandoned. I visited one such property in on Friday. It was an abandoned school that has now been restored and turned into a beautiful senior center opening next week.

How would you like to live in a building whose common space looks like this? Absolutely stunning.



1 comment:

Casey said...

This is a really great pictures, Mallory! It may be "just architecture," but you really captured the beauty of the room! Like, always. :)