Avia Photography

My photo
Columbia, Missouri, United States
Warning, the following ramblings are those of a sometimes sidetracked photographer avoiding accomplishing tasks on her list. All we ask is that if you use one of our photos from here or elsewise, you kindly give us credit. = )

Saturday, November 29, 2008

.:disappointment:.

Back in April, Brian and I learned a great lesson: BACK UP YOUR PHOTOS. Great thing is that when our hard drive crashed that month, everything important had been backed up onto our external hard drive. So all we were missing was from November 2007 & on. Nothing important was taken in that time period and the few things that were I had put smallish versions on flickr. Good! We had our fun honeymoon photos from New Orleans, our wedding, a few events we took photos at, and our friends' wedding the week before ours--the important things.

We had another harddrive scare last month and so we took everything from the external harddrive and copied it and Brian set up a raid format on our new hard drives. Whew!

I finally finished sorting through the stuff from our external that had been backed up in November of 2007 and found out that somehow, the important things we thought had been backed up on there (wedding photos a friend took for us, Annie & Josh's wedding, our New Orleans photos, and the originals of my first major photo weekend in a beautiful natural park) all of it is magically non-existent. I feel disappointed.

The bright side is that I had uploaded my favorites to flickr so they still exist there. Just not as large as I would have liked. Bummer. Bummer. Bummer.

Good lesson to learn? So here's a tribute to the few pictures I had online. Sad they are pretty much as big as they get. I had about 150 favorites. I only have around 15 left. Enjoy these remnants:








No comments: