Avia Photography

My photo
Columbia, Missouri, United States
Warning, the following ramblings are those of a sometimes sidetracked photographer avoiding accomplishing tasks on her list. All we ask is that if you use one of our photos from here or elsewise, you kindly give us credit. = )

Sunday, January 31, 2010

.:26:.

So as of yesterday, it's been 26 short years. I always thought 26 was old (after all, it's closer to 30 than to 20). When I was little I thought that by the time I was 26 I would definitely be taller than 5'4", be a ridiculously famous cellist/singer/actress/artist, and look as old as Kelly from Saved by the Bell (who looked 27 when she was supposedly 16 on the show). Alas, I am still 5'2", am neither a famous cellist, singer, actress, nor artist and I tower at an intimidating 5'2". But life couldn't be more fantastic. I may not look like Kelly Kapowski or be known in Hollywood circles, but I am blessed. My husband is more amazing than I could have ever asked for, and I am loved.

So, as I never do, I'm posting photos of myself to placate you silly friends that continue to request them.

This is me at age 11. Pretty hot, huh? Standing tall at 5'2" I was convinced that since I was one of the tallest in my class for the first time in my life that I would have to be at least a lofty 5'6" someday. I also held to the theory that since I was an ugly duckling I would thus grow into a beautiful swan as an adult (with my gorgeous classmates obviously doomed for uglydom). Wow... if it only worked like that in real life. (Note to all readers, never, I repeat NEVER choose "Blossom" hats as your signature "style". They date you quickly and look even worse when paired with fuzzy sweaters, glasses, braces, and a perm gone wrong on Christmas.)

n15903279_30041246_1145



These were taken yesterday on my birthday. Brian took them. I may not be the beautiful swan I'd imagined when I was 11, but I still feel pretty sassy sometimes thanks to a husband who takes the time to tell me at least a dozen times a day in a dozen different ways how gorgeous he thinks I am. How gloriously wonderful and rare is that?

malstrip copy



On a last note, thanks to everyone for their wonderful birthday wishes on facebook! If we aren't friends, let's be. = )

-Mallory (Thomas) Taulbee

Cuz baby I'mma thug...

No comments: